Summer is in full swing, which means hot, long days and a new wardrobe. Well, maybe not a new wardrobe, but I do find the changing of the seasons to be a great time to update your wardrobe. This summer, I found myself drawn to a lot of bright, fun things, which is weird, since I tend to stick to more neutral, darker colors.
01. cropped jeans – I bought several pairs of cropped jeggings from american eagle, mainly because they had a sale, but also because they are the softest, most comfy jeans below $50. I have them in so many washes and distresses and they look good with every outfit. plus they look great with cuffed bottoms – and I’m so happy that it’s back in style. (As a short person, cuffs are always a thing.)
02. cute and comfy wedges – I have always been a fan of toms wedges, so the flatter style was instantly added to my shoe collection. I bought the lighter shades, which is out of the norm for me. I’m all about the black shoes, but I needed to branch out for more colors to match more outfits.
03. flirty denim skirt – It’s been a while since I’ve had denim skirts and they just remind me of high school, but I love the shape of these from H&M. It’s flattering for my shape, and it’s casual and fun. This skirt plus a graphic tee is the perfect summer outfit. It’s also affordable and could be used all year round.
04. fun nail polish – I am in love with neutral pastel (not sure if that’s what it’s called) nail polish. formula x is my go-to right now, since the application is great and the color payoff is amazing. I am in love with whites, pinks, and purples, all in pastel. Plus, it looks amazing on both your hands and feet, so just a couple of colors will last you all summer long.
05. flowy mini dress – free people always has held a special place in my heart and I love these ombred flowy dresses. I like the tapered bottom, and it’s so cute on. You could easily dress them up or dress them down, plus they are really comfortable. I love pairing this with a jean jacket – something about it is so fun.
06. oversized glasses – Being a part of the four-eyed population, warby parker has been my go-to for prescription glasses. A few months ago, I had problems with ordering with them, but this last batch went off without a hitch, so they have restored my faith in their glasses. I picked up this pair – I love the hint of color, while staying a bit neutral.
What are some of your summer essentials?
’til next time, xo!